Compliance Function of the Banque Populaire Group
In reference to the best practices and recommendations of the guidelines for Bank Al-Maghrib n°49/G, the Group obtained at the beginning of 2007 a Compliance Function having as its main mission the ultimate permanent control for the application of laws, regulation and standards in force, in order to reinforce its system of governorship, the confidence of the markets and to base its development process both on the national as well as on the international market.
The perimeter of action of this function covers four main activities: regulatory compliance, professional code of ethics and governorship, the fight against money laundering and diligence and supervision of the internal control system of the Group.
For this reason, the Management Committee of the CPM adopted the Compliance Charter of the GBP which represents the framework of operation of this activity at the level of the organizations and entities of the Group as well as the principles of the compliance policy and the dedicated operational tools.
In favour of a Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics
The Banque Populaire Group occupies a place as leader in the national banking sector, thanks to its institutional values of citizenship and solidarity, and thanks to its renewed performance which justifies a high level of professionalism and ethics of its human competence and the quality of its governorship. In particular, professional and ethical dimensions explain the assets of the Group and constitute the true base of its future development. Universal values such as integrity, honesty, professionalism and quality, constitute a system of reference for our organization and our daily editing of records.
These values improve with the values specific to the banking sector and mutual organisations, such as confidentiality, transparency and solidarity. These principles and values find their expression in the Professional code of conduct and ethics, elaborated in the compliance of the regulations in force and to which the players of the Banque Populaire Group adhere to give more reassurance, in the relationship of trust experienced with our external customers and our partners.
Download the Code of Conduct and Ethics of the Banque Populaire Group in VA/VF
Financial security and sustainable development
The action of the GBP was recorded in 2007 pursuant to the new provisions of Law no 43-05 and the regulation of the supervisor as regards the obligation of vigilance. The achievements undertaken in this direction, related mainly to :
- adoption of a policy as regards financial security and the fight against money-laundering ;
- reinforcement of the knowledge-based devices for the customer-base (KYC: know your customer) ;
- the levelling of the internal systems of reference of the vigilance and diligence activity ;
- the setting-up of rules of reciprocity with foreign correspondents and intermediaries in the transfers of funds (ITF), also in the application of the recommendations of the GAFI (Groupe d’Action Financière Internationale=International Financial Action Group) ;
- the definition of projects for the development of the Group’s Information System in the sense of better knowledge of the customers, their transactions and their needs ;
- the dialogue and co-operation with recipients ;
- training and sensitizing of all of the players.
The objective of the device for the vigilance of the Group aims at securing customer transactions, to serve them better and strengthen the confidence of the market.
Download the POLICY IN THE FIGHT AGAINST MONEY LAUNDERING of the GBP (AML) VA
Download the POLICY IN THE FIGHT AGAINST MONEY LAUNDERING of the GBP (AML) VF
Download the POLICY IN THE FIGHT AGAINST MONEY LAUNDERING of the GBP (AML) V-Ang